Purchased a beautiful leather wallet or bag?
Here is how to look after it and make it last for a very long time.
Cleaning your leather
- Spot clean with a slightly damp white coloured cloth, then use a clean, dry cloth to remove any additional residue
- If heavily soiled, remove excess dirt then use a leather cleaning agent, however, proceed with care and always test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
- Never apply a leather cleaner directly to your leather product, apply it to a cotton rag and then gently apply to the leather area in soft circular motions.
- Keep your leather away from ink, red wine and sharp objects to avoid stains and scratches. If you unfortunately find your beloved leather in this situation, you can always try an 'ink & stain remover stick' however proceed with caution and follow the directions carefully.
Conditioning your leather
- After you have cleaned your leather it is important to condition it to help repel any stains as well as hydrate the hide to help keep it in prime condition.
- Always use a reputable brand of leather conditioner and ALWAYS test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
Housing your leather
- Keep your leather items out of the sun and direct sunlight
- Store your leather in a cool dry place and inside the 'ovae dust bag' when not in use
- Leather wipes can be used to gently and occasionally wipe over the surface of your leather item to keep it conditioned and dust free.
The above care instructions have been adapted from OVAE's website (direct link below)