Love is the Bomb Jewelgram Necklace
A symbol of beauty and hope after destruction.
- Two pendants - bomb pendant and a solid circle with the words 'Love is the Bomb' on one side and 'Dropped and Made in Laos, Peacebomb" on the reverse
- 20" stirling silver chain
- Pendants made from Peacebomb Aluminium metal, handcrafted from repurposed bombshell metal
- Handmade in Laos and finished in Vientiane or New York
- Fair Trade
- Comes in woven pouch with information card
About Peacebomb Metal
Peacebomb metal does not have to be removed in water. Metal does not tarnish and has been tested to determine that it is nickel free. With wear, this jewellery becomes uniquely yours and will acquire a polished patina from the natural oils of your skin.
Article 22 jewellery is made from repurposed metal from cluster bombs that were dropped on Laos during the Vietnam War. Each bangle helps fund the ongoing work of MAG (Mines Advisory Group) who work towards the removal of the 80 million unexploded ordinances that remain in the soil of this resilient nation. The funds raised through the sale of these large hoops clears 8m2 of Laos farmland. Article 22 jewellery is made by 15-20 artisan families in rural Laos. The families work in safe conditions and receive a fair wage for their work.
You can read more about the work of Article 22 here.