Keturah Nangala Zimran Wool Wall Hanging - 2x3ft
With artwork designed by Indigenous artist, Keturah Nangala Zimran, this breathtaking piece makes a stunning wall hanging.
- Designed in Australia by Aboriginal artist, Keturah Nangala Zimran
- Handmade in Kashmir in Fair Trade conditions
- Stitched loop on back for wall hanging (wooden rod not included)
- Non-slip grip dots on reverse if you should choose to use as a floor rug
- Certificate of Authenticity
- The artist receives royalties for the use of their artwork
61cm x 91cm
About the Artwork
The ancient Australian landscape with it’s eroded forms and organic shapes provides motivation for Keturah’s art. In this work Keturah depicts the natural rock formations (puli) found in and around Haasts Bluff.
How It's Made
Chainstitch is a traditional Kashmiri handicraft and important to the local economy. This work is produced in remote villages and provides important supplementary income between harvests and other rural work. The stitching is done by hand using an 'sari', a sharp hooked tool similar to a crochet hook.
Better World Arts
Better World Arts facilitates cross cultural art projects between Aboriginal artists in Australia, and artisans in India. The Aboriginal artists are paid royalties for their designs, and the artisans in India work in conditions that encompass the 10 Principles of Fair Trade, including receiving a fair wage, working in safe conditions, and ensuring there is no child labour or forced labour.
Read more about Better World Arts here.