The best is yet to come.
The arrow bangle is for hope. Pointing forward but not forgetting the past.
Article 22 bangles are made from repurposed metal from cluster bombs that were dropped on Laos during the Vietnam War. Each bangle helps fund the ongoing work of MAG (Mines Advisory Group) who work towards the removal of the 80 million unexploded ordinances that remain in the soil of this resilient nation.
This bangle has an arrow engraved into the outer edge and "Dropped and Made in Laos" engraved into the inner edge. This piece is sturdy enough for the busiest of women and men. It will remain untarnished wear after wear.
Article 22 jewellery is made by 15-20 artisan families in rural Laos. The families work in safe conditions and receive a fair wage for their work.
- Lightweight silver metal in silver colour
- Arrow engraved into the bangle
- Does not have to be removed in water
- Grows in beauty as it is worn, starting with a brushed metal look but gaining shine as you wear it.
- Funds the clearance of unexploded bombs from three square metres of Laos farmland
- Made Fair Trade in Laos
- Sustainable - made from recycled materials
You can read more about the work of Article 22 here.