"Let us bring equality, justice, and peace for all. Not just the politicians and the world leaders, we all need to contribute. Me. You. It is our duty."
- Malala Yousafzai
This unique bangle tells a story of peace. It is made from repurposed cluster bomb metal from bombs that were dropped in Laos during the Vietnam War.
Purchasing this bangle helps fund the removal of unexploded bombs from the soil in Laos while also supporting local artisans. Engraved on the exterior of the bangle is the word "peace" in different languages.
Article 22 jewellery is made ethically by 15-20 artisan families in rural Laos. The families work in safe conditions and receive a fair wage for their work.
- Lightweight aluminium in silver colour
- The word "peace" engraved in different languages
- Does not have to be removed in water
- Grows in beauty as it is worn, starting with a brushed metal look but gaining shine as you wear it.
- Helps fund the efforts of MAGS (Mines Advisory Group) to remove unexploded bombs from affected areas in Laos
- Made Fair Trade in Laos
- Sustainable - made from recycled materials
About Article 22
Article 22 jewellery is made from repurposed bomb metal. It is estimated that over 250 million cluster bombs were dropped on Laos during the Vietnam War. 80 million of those bombs failed to detonate. This impacts Laos negatively as the nation strives to build development.
Article 22 partners with MAG (Mines Advisory Group) to fund the safe removal of Cluster Bomb remnants from Laos Soil . MAGS has cleared over 60,853,231 square metres of Laos farmland of bombs to date. Each piece of exquisite jewellery provides more funding to clear unexploded ordinance from Laos. An amazing organisation that was supported by Princess Dianna during her lifetime.