Drinking Chocolate - Grounded Pleasures
Grounded Pleasures was established by a family who live and work in the Victorian City of Ballarat. Their Drinking Chocolate Range is beyond delicious and reflects the care the family have taken to seek out the best, and Fairly Traded Cocoa beans with a complex and unrefined flavour with delicious base notes.
Available in five yummy flavours:
- French Mint Drinking Chocolate - a delightful classic chocolate-mint pairing subtly blended from cocoa and fresh extract peppermint oil. (Dairy-free and gluten-free)
- Chilli Infused Drinking Chocolate - influenced by a traditional Mexican drink. The subtle blend of cocoa and a hint of dried chilli. The chilli adds a delicious complexity to the smooth cocoa. (Dairy-free and gluten-free)
- Cinnamon Spice Drinking Chocolate - made with a balanced blend of cocoa and freshly cold ground cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cardamon. (Dairy-free and gluten-free)
- Sicilian Orange Drinking Chocolate (Dairy-free and gluten-free) Delicious blend of cocoa with a subtle orange as a background taste. Yum!
- Vanilla Bean Drinking Chocolate - two ethically grown, Papua New Guinea vanilla beans are placed in each pack. They infuse with Grounded Pleasures fine Original cocoa, steeping a fantastic flavour throughout. (Dairy-free and gluten-free)
Much of the worlds cocoa is grown in West Africa and Child Labour is used extensively by cocoa farmers because they are under pressure to reduce the cost of harvest. Within their $60-billion industry, chocolate companies have the power to end the use of child labor and slave labor by paying cocoa farmers a living wage for their product. You can read about Cocoa and Child Labour Here.
By purchasing Fairly Traded Cocoa you ensure that children are not used to grow or harvest your delicious drink , Farmers are paid a Fair Wage, and their cocoa is grown in an environmentally respectful manner, because Chocolate is supposed to bring pleasure not pain.